Keep up with Preventative Cleaning
The easiest way to avoid too many trips to the dentist is to keep up with preventative cleaning so your teeth and gums remain healthy and vibrant. We all know we have to brush and floss regularly, but there are some lesser known habits that are highly beneficial in the long run, too. Here are some friendly tips that you can perform outside of your routine checkups to ensure optimal dental health.
- Avoid bad foods for your teeth: includes anything sugary, sticky, and acidic (examples: soda, dried fruit, and citrus fruits).
- Give up smoking or tobacco.
- Use mouth wash (and use it properly).
- Visit the dentist: While you don’t want to sit in the dentist office all the time, going regularly for checkups will guarantee thorough cleanings and inspection of your mouth to check for potential issues.
- Clean your tongue: cleaning the surface will remove bacteria that can contribute to bad breath and can negatively affect your dental health.
- Whitening toothpastes are a viable option to remove surface stains on teeth.